Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Exchange 2010 ActiveSync Calendar Issues

We use Exchange 2010, SP1, RU6 in our enterprise. We are having many problems with calendar synchronization between Exchange and iOS 5.0.1 devices (iPad and iPhone). Is anyone else having the same problem? Anyone have answers. We opened a case with Apple and they told us that these are known issues with iOS 5 and they would be addressed in a future release. Anyone know when this will be addressed? Thanks.

iPhone 4, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Feb 13, 2012 7:24 PM

7 replies

Feb 13, 2012 10:35 PM in response to cswarr

We have the same problem. I posted a thread with similar issues with pretty much the same environment under this thread. https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3732307

We tried installing Exchange 2010 SP2 but it did not solve the problem. We have opened a case with Microsoft and they are working on the issue. Microsoft acknowledges the issue so are working on it - apparently SP2 usually solves the problem for them but not in my instance

I neglected to add on more point....Android attached ActiveSync devices do not have this problem. So I know that this issue is isolated to iOS devices

Apparently this issue has existed for a couple years but Apple has not addressed it. I know it has existed since iOS 4x but since my environment did not include iphones/ipads broadly until recently, it was not an issue for me. Now unfortunately it is. I sort of miss my BES server now.

Feb 15, 2012 9:02 PM in response to cswarr

48 hrs now since talking with Microsoft.

I agree it is an iOS issue but Microsoft can typically find a fix around the situation regardless of the root offender. The hope is that the events may still be tagged such that Microsoft may still be able to correct the events. Regardless, Microsoft has elevated the case two levels to correct the issue. This is much more than Apple has been willing to do. Their response thus far has literally been "let us know what Microsoft says". I am not necessarily working with Microsoft but more not working with Apple (for their dis-interest in the situation). Microsoft has been on the phone with us taking traces of email calendar activity to see what the underlying problem is.

I work in education and I have since halted all further deployments of iOS devices since the majority are administrative personnel and they would definitely be hooking into the Exchange environment. My recommendation has been to my student base is to also halt deployments if they are putting students into their Exchange environments.

Not that I am an Apple basher but I don't think Apple is ready for the enterprise. Now that I have moved to a Galaxy S II, I feel safer that I will not miss my meetings. i live by my calendar. My 4s in in my drawer for now.

May 4, 2012 7:10 AM in response to luckylight

Right now we are seeing some sporadic issues with calendar sync as well. Most of the devices are running iOS 5.1 with Exchange 2010 SP2. I found a link from Apple that addressed a sync timeout with a mobile profile but I can't edit the config past the 240 seconds (4 minutes). We believe the issues is related to how users are connecting with their iPads. Currently a user has to authenticate with our proxy server before they can get email/internet on their devices. If a user changes a calendar entry on their device or Outlook it appears it won't continue to reconcile after the change and eventually times out. Hope there will be a fix for this to make the calendar replicate more often like the mail does.

Exchange 2010 ActiveSync Calendar Issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.