Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What Wifi Cards Do Mac Pro 2008 model use???

Hello all, just got my first mac pro ,I usually deal with PC's so this is new for me I wanted to ask which type of cards would I need to get my mac pro blue tooth and wifi compatible and I want to know which is the best graphics card available for this machine , please let me know thanks!!!😕

Essentials

Family: Mac Pro

Codename: ?

Gestalt ID: 406

Minimum OS: 10.4.7

Maximum OS: 10.7.3

Introduced: August 2006

Terminated: January 2008

Processor

CPU: Intel Xeon 5100 Series ("Woodcrest")

CPU Speed: 2x2.6 GHz (dual-core)

CPU Cores: 2

FPU: integrated

Bus Speed: 1.33 GHz

Register Width: 64-bit

Data Bus Width: 64-bit

Address Bus Width: 64-bit

ROM: EFI

RAM Type: DDR2 FB-DIMM

Minimum RAM Speed: 667 MHz

Onboard RAM: 0 MB

RAM slots: 8

Maximum RAM: 16 GB

Level 1 Cache: 32 kB data, 32 kB instruction

Level 2 Cache: 4 MB on-processor

Expansion Slots: 3x 16-lane PCI Express

Video

GPU: Nvidia GeForce 7300GT (16-lane double-wide PCI Express slot)

VRAM: 256 MB <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<Whats the highest I can put here???????

Max Resolution: all resolutions supported

Video Out: DVI (dual link)

Networking

Modem: optional external 56 kbps

Ethernet: 2x 10/100/1000Base-T

Airport Extreme: optional <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<which one i search and keep getting the G5 one, can I use that one on this?

Bluetooth: optional 2.0+EDR

PowerMac, Mac OS X (10.5.8), My first Mac!!!!

Posted on Feb 13, 2012 8:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 13, 2012 8:54 PM

They use a mini-PCIe card specifically designed for Apple that provides both wireless and BT. If you do some Google searching you should find a link or two on how to install it. Or you can have an Apple retailer do it for you for a fee plus the cost of the card.

You can check out ifixit.com for parts costs as well as tutorials.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 13, 2012 8:54 PM in response to Jtabar258

They use a mini-PCIe card specifically designed for Apple that provides both wireless and BT. If you do some Google searching you should find a link or two on how to install it. Or you can have an Apple retailer do it for you for a fee plus the cost of the card.

You can check out ifixit.com for parts costs as well as tutorials.

Feb 13, 2012 11:56 PM in response to Jtabar258

For video either the ATI HD 5770 or the ATI HD 5870 from Apple will work fine in your Mac Pro however you will not be able to take full advantage of the 5870 so it may be a waste. I use the 5770 with great results.

For Bluetooth I use the Belkin mini bluetooth adapter and it works great is is very small.

If you want the actual Apple Internal bluetooth card.

For the WiFi I use the original Apple WiFi cards but even a USB one thats Mac compatible will work fine.

What Wifi Cards Do Mac Pro 2008 model use???

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.