Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Movies on the iPad

Ok, I'll to explain this as well as I can.

I have a LG N2R1 NAS at the house. I can load movies, songs, photos, etc on it and, through an LG app, access this content from wherever.

I have used Handbrake to rip some DVD's I own (YES! I own them) so I can watch them from afar. These movies stream perfectly to my iPhone 4s. No issues what so ever.

But when I use the same LG app and try to stream them to my iPad, I get an error saying Movie is not compatible (or something like that).

Any ideas why these would work to my phone but not my iPad?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.3), Quad-Core i7

Posted on Feb 14, 2012 5:26 AM

2 replies

Feb 14, 2012 5:36 AM in response to J. Christopher Edwards

But when I use the same LG app and try to stream them to my iPad, I get an error saying Movie is not compatible (or something like that).

The proof is in the details, so it may be more helpful finding a solution if you posted exactly what the alert said. Or better, provide a screenshot of the alert.

BTW, you do not own the movies. You own a copy-protected DVD copy of the movies that the originators own and a license that specifically allows you to view the DVD in your home without circumventing the copy-protection scheme.

Feb 14, 2012 6:32 AM in response to Dah•veed

A little more info:

• The movies are ripped as m4v. As I said, they stream great to my iPhone 4s

• The error message is "Video Player. The movie is not supported"

• I used Handbrake to rip the movies is Apple TV2 settings.

As for owning the movies...that is a conversation for another thread. It really doesn't have anything to do with why these movies won't stream to my iPad but will stream to my iPhone 4s.

Movies on the iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.