Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can i make a book using foreign language using Ibooks author

Hello,

I would like to convert regional text books of different languages. I have created the book in the ibook author app by installing the font on my mac. But when i preview it then it does not show in the same font. it shows as junk font.

Can someone help me with this.

Can this be done. ?

Regards

JK

Ibook Author-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Feb 14, 2012 6:01 AM

9 replies

Feb 14, 2012 7:12 AM in response to jiteshkhokhani

jiteshkhokhani wrote:

I have created the book in the ibook author app by installing the font on my mac.

What language exactly are you talking about? Did you activate the proper keyboard layout in system prefs/language & text/input sources? It should not be a problem if you do that.

Normally you do not need to install a font, and doing so is useless because you must use a font that is present on the iPad (users cannot install their own).

Feb 14, 2012 7:50 AM in response to jiteshkhokhani

PS In addition to languages that use the Latin script, the iPad should be able to display books in Greek, Russian, Bulgarian, Serbian, Ukrainian, Macedonian, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Arabic, Cherokee, Hebrew, Hindi, Thai, Tibetan, Gujarati, Gurmukhi, Tamil, Telugu, Sinhala, Oriya, Malayalam, Kannada, Bengali, Armenian, Georgian, Lao, and Yi.

Jun 27, 2012 5:02 AM in response to Gandhily

Gandhily wrote:

I don't even see the Font option for Tamil Language as Tom Gewecke mentioned.

Apple provides the fonts InaiMathi, Tamil MN, and Tamil Sangam MN. Do you really not see these in Fontbook on your Mac? Or in Format > Font > Show Fonts?

Also you understand that you need to activate the Tamil keyboard layout to type Tamil, not just switch the font, right?

How can i make a book using foreign language using Ibooks author

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.