Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

dignastic check and then it comes up. Why is it doing this

When I bring up Safari, It wants to not come up until I do a dinastic check and the only thing that is not green is the internet and the server. In doing the check it will check out ok. Safari come up after i do the check. What is causing this?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Feb 14, 2012 8:21 AM

1 reply

Feb 14, 2012 10:57 AM in response to septimo1

How do you get your internet service? DSL? Cable? DialUp?

How is your iMac connected to the internet?

- Do you connect your iMac directly to the internet service provider's modem?

- Are you connected to wirelessly or via an ethernet cable?

Rather than going through the diagnostic check, what happens if you instead wait 30-60 seconds. Does the issue resolve itself?

The following articles may also provide some help. If you are using PPPoE then the following information from the article referenced below may help. It's referring to an option in the advanced section of the Network System Preferences pane. I've included a screenshot from my system below. I am also running 10.7.3, just like you.

"Tip: To have the computer automatically connect whenever you open a network application (Web browser, email, and so forth), click PPPoE Options and select the "Connect automatically when needed" checkbox."

User uploaded file

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2301

Hopefully a simple preference change like this will help.

dignastic check and then it comes up. Why is it doing this

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.