Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problems when waking from sleep

I tried this in the iMac discussion and did not get a response so i thought I'd try here also.

Newest iMac (May 2011), base model, OSX Lion

Whenever my computer goes to sleep and i go to wake it up, it never wakes up right. My touch pad stops working correctly. I have to hit the power button to get it to reconnect and then it works fine with the cursor, but it doesnt recognize taps or multitouch...only clicks.

Also, when i launch a new app from the doc it doesn't bounce up and down. The dock light doesn't come on either (i have both of these set up and when i restart the computer they work correctly).

Microsoft Office Reminders also doesn't go away from the dock when i dismiss the reminder, it just sits there.

The other thing i've noticed is that when i "minimize" a window (i.e. safari browser with an active website) rather than 'hiding' in its icon on the desk it goes into the right side of the dock next to the trash can.

If i restart the computer or shut it down and then start from scratch everything works fine again.

This is driving me NUTS. Can anyone help?

Thank you!

PS I am running 10.7.3, but this was happening even before 10.7.3.

iMac (21.5-inch Mid 2011), Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Feb 14, 2012 9:16 AM

There are no replies.

Problems when waking from sleep

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.