Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AEBS and Comcast: Error No IP Address and DNS Servers Assigned. Connection keeps dropping. Forcing powercycle every day.

Here is what I get:

The cable modem/AEBS set up will work for a day and then the amber light will come on.

Airport Utility tells me that I have 2 problems - no IP Address assigned and no DNS Servers.

I do a powercycle on the modem and router and everything works again.....for a little while.

Then, repeat.

I have also hit the reset button on the cable modem.

I have deleted and reset to factory settings the AEBS, creating new profiles on at least three ocassions.

This problem started when we moved to our new home and had our Comcast cable service moved there. Where we lived before, we had the same setup, with the same equipment, and no problems.

What should I do? I can go into Manual Setup if you guys think I can change something there. To my untrained eye, it seems that the cable modem does something that prevents it from interacting with the AEBS properly.

Airport Express Base Station-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Feb 14, 2012 10:52 AM

There are no replies.

AEBS and Comcast: Error No IP Address and DNS Servers Assigned. Connection keeps dropping. Forcing powercycle every day.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.