Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Music from PC I loaded some CDs onto my PC and want to know if, and how, I can move them from my PC to my IPad2. Also, if I get them moved can u delete individual songs from those moved to IPad

I loaded some music CDs onto my PC. Can I move them from PC to my IPad 2? If so how? I loaded the CDs into ITunes on PC and when synced with IPad I saw them on the IPad, but once the PC was disconnected here seems to be no music on my IPad. How or canons move music ? Other than hat u purchase? can editing be done onIPad if music is moved there? IE deleting songs from list?

Windows 7

Posted on Feb 14, 2012 4:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 14, 2012 4:47 PM

If you import the music into iTunes you can sync it to the iPad. You have to select the music to sync in the Music Tab in iTunes - when the iPad is connected to the PC - and with iTunes running.

You can tap and hold down on an album icon in the music app and an X will pop up. Tap the X to delete the album. You can also swipe across a song in a list and the red delete button will pop up. Tap the red delete button to remove the song from the iPad.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 14, 2012 4:47 PM in response to kathrynfromcarp

If you import the music into iTunes you can sync it to the iPad. You have to select the music to sync in the Music Tab in iTunes - when the iPad is connected to the PC - and with iTunes running.

You can tap and hold down on an album icon in the music app and an X will pop up. Tap the X to delete the album. You can also swipe across a song in a list and the red delete button will pop up. Tap the red delete button to remove the song from the iPad.

Feb 14, 2012 5:24 PM in response to kathrynfromcarp

Do not look at the library on the left. You want to use the iTunes window on the right - after you select the iPad. This illustrates how to select the iPad. In this screenshot I marked it iPod but it works the same way for the iPad.

User uploaded file

1. Click on the iPad's name on the left side of the iTunes window - under devices - in order to select your iPad.
  2. Then click on the Music Tab in the window on the right side
  3. Find the songs in the music section
  4. Click on the boxes next to the songs - or click on the album or playlist that the songs are in
  5. Make sure that the Sync Music heading is selected at the top of the tab
  6. Click on Apply in the lower right corner.

You can read this as well for more help.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1351

User uploaded file

Message was edited by: Demo

Feb 14, 2012 6:00 PM in response to kathrynfromcarp

Do not untick the music that you have already put on the iPad or it will remove it from the device. Leave that stuff ticked. But even if you do remove it, you can always sync it back to the iPad again.

If you tick an artist in that section and you have 30 songs by that artist in iTunes - it will sync all of those songs to the iPad and they will appear in a playlist on the iPad. You can select an entire album to sync as well by selecting an album in the iTunes window. They are just different ways to sync and categorize your music.

Don't be afraid to experiment. If you remove something accidentally when you sync, just select the content again and then sync. When you make changes to the iPad's configuration - the sync button in the lower right corner turns into the Apply button. Click on that to apply the chnges you make to your sync configuration and the iPad will sync - as you just found out.

Music from PC I loaded some CDs onto my PC and want to know if, and how, I can move them from my PC to my IPad2. Also, if I get them moved can u delete individual songs from those moved to IPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.