Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes match uploads causes crash

I recently purchased itunes match. I have a mere 6000 songs. 2000 of which were not on itunes and needed uploading. This uploading was interupted a couple of times towards the end of the process and now crashes iTunes everytime imatch gets to the point where it starts to upload songs (at the end of step 2 'matching your music with songs in the itunes store'). A report appears to send to apple.

Crashed Thread: 31

Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)

Exception Codes: KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x00000001170ce000

I have no firewall or internet accelorater. I have reloaded iTunes but it still crashes. Can anyone help?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.3), 17 in, 2.8Ghz, 4GB ram, 500GB

Posted on Feb 15, 2012 12:17 AM

19 replies

Apr 13, 2012 8:36 AM in response to trishs.squish

trishs.squish wrote:

I am having the exact same problem! I hope we find a solution after paying for iMatch! I also paid for extra storage in my iCloud for all my music, but can't get it to the Cloud because iMatch crashes my iTunes!

iCloud and iTunes Match are not the same service. iTM does not use the storage provided with the iCloud account.

You'll need to give us a bit more information concerning what is happening before we can help you, though. If you'll describe the problem in more detail we will probably be able to provide a solution. Also, using the search field in the upper righ corner of the page can help you find a solution.

Apr 13, 2012 10:05 AM in response to Michael Allbritton

I cleaned up all the "error" files in my iTunes and also found a particular song that seemed to cause iMatch's synchronization from continuing. Once I deleted them, I ran iMatch update/synchronization again and all was successful. I have tested the entire iMatch and iCloud sharing successfully from both my iPhone as well as a laptop I have at work. I can see my entire 11GB library from my 8GB iPhone and the iTunes on my PC/laptop at work. It works great and I'm such an Apple fan! iMatch is a GREAT service!

Apr 24, 2012 9:39 AM in response to Michael Allbritton

I am having a similar issue. I am running Windows XP SP2 with the most current version of iTunes. When I enabled iMatch, the system checked all 3881 of my songs, determined that 400 did not match and began an upload. 350 of the 400 uploaded without issue, but then iTunes "quit unexpectedly" and now does the same thing everytime it tries to upload the last 50 songs. I have tried to "reorganize" my library as indicated above. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Jul 24, 2012 6:40 PM in response to rooland

I had this same set of symptoms, but apparently I had a different disease. Mine was resolved by turning off iTunes Match (Store > Turn Off iTunes Match) and then turning it back on again (Store > Turn On iTunes Match). When I turned it back on, iTunes asked me if I wanted to authorize my Mac on iTunes Match. This was a surprise because I have previously authorized this Mac on iTM, but maybe turning iTM off somehow de-authorized me. Anyway, I proceeded with the authorization and thereafter the crashes ceased.

Oct 1, 2012 10:47 AM in response to rooland

I had the same Problem... I solved it by sorting out on which song it crashed. It was 2 mixes over 1h length. i deleted them from the library and from Match. Since then Match does not crash ITunes anymore. The Problem is you cant hear the songs on Match. But it worked. Hope you dont need to delete many songs. I think it has to do with the length of the songs.

Dec 1, 2013 5:59 PM in response to rooland

I had two problems that was causing match to freeze on step 3. One problem was that the files it was trying to find were not found. I had to find the location of the song. Try playing the song. If it won't play, there may be a location problem. The second problem was that one file was too large. It was 199 mb. Once I deleted this song, step 3 would process smoothly and finish.

iTunes match uploads causes crash

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.