Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pocket Gems Tap Zoo, Warning

Hello,

the warning should be about the game Tap Zoo Part 1 from Pocket Gems.

I downloaded the game about a year ago and payed it also with real money to get better graphics and animations and had a lot of fun. But from yesterday on, the game got an update and I cant loggin anymore. I get a message to load a newer version Tap Zoo 2, which forces me to pay lots more money and play other games also, or I cannot get all the rewards.

Pocket Gems force the player to pay more money and IF they pay, they just shut the game down. This should be illegal and can`t be the policy of apple Store. It is really easy to get applications into the appstore, but someone should control those game designers and should stop them.

Anyway, if you read this, send your friends a warning, not to play Pocket Gems (San Francisco) Games, which are only designed to get your money and if they have enough, they shut down the games. Modern confidence tricks.

greetz de Mari

Posted on Feb 15, 2012 12:21 AM

4 replies

Mar 3, 2012 12:03 AM in response to De Mari

So much anger for so less trouble. The iTunes Store customer support solved the problem within 24hours. It was a simple answer and easy to solve. I told him, the refund is not nessecary, because the zoo is back online and all the animations are back there, too. Maybe this helps other customers, if they have the same problem. Little bit of a shame, that the Pocket Gem support didnt manage to help out, they should learn a bit from iTunes support.

Dear De Mari,

Tushar again from iTunes Store CustomerSupport. I appreciate you for taking time to reply and keep me updated about the issue.

De Mari, I suggest you turn your device off and back on, remove the application, and then download it again. If you paid for this application, you'll be able to download it again for free. For detailed instructions and other troubleshooting suggestions, please see:

Troubleshooting applications purchased from the App Store

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1702

I have also reversed the charges for the in-apps purchased within the application "Tap Zoo 2: World Tour". In five to seven business days a credit of 33.56 EUR will be posted to the credit card that was used for the purchase.

Thank you for your understanding and for being a valued iTunes Store customer.

Sincerely,

Tushar

iTunes Store/Mac App Store Customer Support

This looks much better now, doesn`t it?

User uploaded file

Feb 16, 2012 12:45 PM in response to De Mari

Hi de Mari,

My name is Nicolaas and I work for Pocket Gems. While we are encouraging our Tap Zoo 1 players to switch to the sequel, your zoo is automatically transferred to the new game. There are new animals, features, and fun things to do in Tap Zoo 2, and much of it is free. In fact, you won't have to pay any more or download other games to continue building your zoo as usual. If you have problems transferring your progress or other questions about our games, please email us at support@pocketgems.com

Regards,

Nicolaas

PG Support Team

Feb 23, 2012 2:54 PM in response to Pocket Gems Support

Hi Nicolaas,

thank you for your answer. Its OK to transfer a game into another level and you did a great job developing it. I was convinced, that a simple game concept can make so much fun, because of the facebook addin and the new developments. I payed for it real money to show you my respect and promote a nice idea. I got all the rare animals and crossbreeded everything, even if I deletet my tasmanian devil by accident, I didnt say a word about the 40 Euros. But I showed my new facebook friends from all over the world a nice zoo.

But at the moment, your game has problems running on my iphone and most of the animals have gone into the clouds. Since I had the zoo 1 Version, all my animations have been there, but you shut it off. Please tell me, how to get the animations back on my phone in tapzoo 2 and I play on. I still have 200 stars left, that I would use to play the game.

There is no reaction on my support mails since I reportet the problem and I have read about other ones got the problem, too.

I would load my saved zoo, but I dont know, if the stars, I have paid for, will be gone then. Maybe you can help out to fix the problem, you see on the added pictures. I got a new iphone 4s now and loaded all the apps via itunes, which was very comfortable. I will take back the modern confidence tricks, if you give me back my zoo. Deal?

greetz De Mari

User uploaded fileUser uploaded file

Mar 1, 2012 1:27 AM in response to De Mari

One week later and still no answer to this post or to my support mails, which are two weeks old now.

I think, this Nicolaas, who answered to this post is even not from Pocket Gems Support, its maybe a child playing Tapzoo, defending his little giraffe.

So take a look at this picture of Tap Zoo 1 a few weeks ago and whats left on the new Tap Zoo 2. Its little boring, I`d say and the dragon is about € 40,00. Please lough at me, because i was so stupid to pay money for a pocket game on a handy. YES, I am old enough and I should have known better, but I think, more people spent money, too on this, so thats why I want to warn those people. Don`t do it!

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

Take care and don`t spent real money!

Finally a last picture of a funny game in the beginning, indeed, but if you pay enough, they kick

User uploaded file

you out. Thx to all my new facebook friends all over the world. This was the only interesting thing, to see, that a little pocket game via internet brings so many different people together and you were the real reason to spent so much money on this zoo.

greetz De Mari

Pocket Gems Tap Zoo, Warning

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.