Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Faces Has More Power in Aperture vs. iPhoto

I came across this on Apple's site for Aperture:

The popular Faces feature in iPhoto comes to Aperture 3, where it has even more power.

What added power does Aperture bring that iPhoto does not?

Posted on Feb 15, 2012 4:17 AM

6 replies

Feb 15, 2012 8:11 AM in response to 1 Open Loop

Well ... does the Apple site say anything?

Aperture takes Faces further.

Aperture 3 expands on the power of Faces in iPhoto. Not only can you view the people you name across the entire library, you can now see them in individual projects. And the new Show Unnamed Faces pane displays all the detected-but-not-yet-named faces in a project to help you easily add names

I don't use iPhoto, so I can't comment on whether this has changed in the interim for iPhoto.

Feb 15, 2012 8:21 AM in response to Kirby Krieger

I guess if I wasn't so lazy I could have clicked once more and gotten the answer myself.

I checked iPhoto '11 and this statement is still true. In iPhoto '11 (version 9.x?) you can only view Faces by Library, not Event. (or Project as is the case with Aperture)

I'm not sure how helpful the Unnamed Faces panel is. It seems you can only view a film strip worth of images. I don't think you can browse unarmed faces.

Thanks Kirby.

Faces Has More Power in Aperture vs. iPhoto

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.