Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone not updating iCloud

I have iPhone 4S and would like to update the reminders/calendar on iCloud from my phone - so that the changes propogate to my iPad 2.

The trouble is that if I add a calendar event on my iPhone or complete a task, these changes are not being updated on iCloud. I am checking the status via www.icloud.com.

I have followed all the troubleshooter on http://support.apple.com/kb/TS4000 and have tried everything. Surely this basic functionality should work flawlessly considering I am only using Apple products here? Here are my questions :-

Q) How long should an update to Calendar/Reminder on my iPhone take to update iCloud?

Q) Is this update then reflected in the web-UI on www.icloud.com?

Q) How do I force a syncronisation of iCloud from my iPhone?

Q) What should I have on the advanced "Fetch New Data" settings? Because sync should use both Push & Fetch shouldn't it?

Q) Can I sync Reminders via iTunes instead?

Q) Should I just give up trying to use iCloud to sync contacts/calendars/reminders/bookmarks until it is working?

Thanks // Martin

iPhone 4S, iOS 5.0.1, iPad 2, iCloud

Posted on Feb 15, 2012 5:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 15, 2012 3:54 PM

1. The update should take about 10 - 30 seconds depending on your internet connection.

2. Yes, the update is reflected in the UI.

3. There is no force sync, it should update automatically as events are added.

4. Not too sure.

5. Unknown

6. No, it should be working. The best way to troubleshoot iCloud is to start by Resetting Network Settings, Connect to Wi-Fi, Delete/Re-add the iCloud account to the device, then recheck on icloud.com UI to see if the events are updated.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 15, 2012 3:54 PM in response to strawdog74

1. The update should take about 10 - 30 seconds depending on your internet connection.

2. Yes, the update is reflected in the UI.

3. There is no force sync, it should update automatically as events are added.

4. Not too sure.

5. Unknown

6. No, it should be working. The best way to troubleshoot iCloud is to start by Resetting Network Settings, Connect to Wi-Fi, Delete/Re-add the iCloud account to the device, then recheck on icloud.com UI to see if the events are updated.

Feb 16, 2012 2:16 AM in response to Lark.Landon

Thanks L.L! I think I have just about got it working now for most elements I use - Contacts/Calendars/Reminders, but Bookmarks still appear to duplicate themselves. This is a different problem however.

It turned out to be a combination of problems :-

- WiFi had become unstable, causing packets of data to be "lost" without losing connectivity (http://bit.ly/AAIh95)

- I was adding reminders to the "To_Do_List" and not the "Tasks in iCloud" folder

// Martin

Oct 24, 2012 5:44 AM in response to strawdog74

I have been trying for a week to push data from my iphone4s to icloud. I have been successful getting calendar and tasks from Outlook to icloud to iphone but not the other way.

I have just looked at Settings>General>Restrictions

I entered a pass code and have set each of the restrictions as listed. When I went back to icloud, all of my tasks/reminders were now showing and were also sync'd with Outlook.

iPhone not updating iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.