Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"Material is already in your list"...

If someone adds an iTunes U link to the materials, removes it and try to add it again, the course manager give you an error saying "Material is already in your list. The item you just attempted to add is already available in your materials list. Nothing new was added."

Does anyone knows how to overcome this problem?

Posted on Feb 15, 2012 8:29 AM

3 replies

Aug 2, 2012 10:44 AM in response to Stan Warford

I found a workaround. My videos are stored in a Collection and my materials are stored in a Course. I could not add a Material item in the Course because of the above problem. So, I went to the Collection, deleted the video from the Collection, and re-uploaded the same video to the Collection. Then I could link to the new uploaded video in my Course. Please fix this one, Apple.

Aug 8, 2012 11:40 AM in response to Stan Warford

I think the problem you are hitting is that any material you add to a course ALSO gets added to your master/global materials list. On the dashboard click "My Materials" and you will see a list of all materials that are used across all your courses. If you delete a material from a course it remains in your My Materials list unless you also delete it from there.

"Material is already in your list"...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.