Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

trouble with motion rendering on 8 core 26gb of ram

Hey guys,

So I have a projet that is 1280 x 720p I am doing continuous work with hours of footage. Initally i was compositing on my macbookpro i5 8gb of ram and it took 7 hours to render a 1 hr timeline. to remedy the situation, i bought a 8 core 2x 2.4 quad core macpro installed 26 gb of ram and am currently using the 5770 radeon gpu. it say it will take 2 hrs to render which is awesome but........ it always hangs. i check my activity monitor and it uses about 19gb of ram, but when i check the file (rendering to prores 4444 without alpha 1280 x 720p) it only goes up to 3gb and the render status says 35% complete but the timing doesnt change , it doesnt count down or up or nothing. i checked my ram and its all installed correctly so i have no idea what is goin on. when i had my original 6 gb of ram on the 8 core was rendering the same footage it would take 4 hours. sooooo.....i am absolutely confused. anybody having the same issues?

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Feb 15, 2012 8:53 AM

5 replies

Feb 15, 2012 9:38 AM in response to break4s017

Motion 5 Release notes

Barefeats After Effects, Compressor, Motion

Final Cut Pro X, Motion 5, Compressor 4 Installat

One thing if you can try (and have not yet) would be boot 64-bit kernel mode.

Starting up 32-bit or 64-bit kernel

http://macperformanceguide.com/SnowLeopard-64bit.html

Any sign that your projects need to be moved to larger or different drives?

Free space on boot volume?

trouble with motion rendering on 8 core 26gb of ram

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.