Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How arrange Safari Bookmarks Bar

Using Safari 5.1.3. After I add a bookmark to the Bookmarks Bar, in the Show all Bookmarks window I drag it to the position I prefer. But Safari immediately and automatically moves it back to the top of the list (hence to the far left of the items shown on the Bookmarks Bar itself).

How can I keep items in the order I prefer?

I note that I seem to have no difficulty doing this for bookmarks on the Bookmarks Menu.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.3), 3.4GHz Corei7, 16GB, SSD + 2T HD

Posted on Feb 15, 2012 10:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 15, 2012 10:58 AM

Might be corrupted Safari preferences ...

Go to ~/Library/Preferences

Move the com.apple.Safari.plist file from the Preferences folder to the Desktop.

Quit, relaunch Safari to test.

If that helped, move the .plist file to the Trash, If not, just move it back to the Preferences folder.

If that didn't help, go to your Safari menu bar click Safari > Reset Safari. Select the top 5 boxes, click Reset.

Quit then relaunch Safari to test.

You can also try deleting the Cache.db file from the ~/Library/Caches/com.apple.Safari folder.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 15, 2012 10:58 AM in response to murrayE

Move the com.apple.Safari.plist file from the Preferences folder to the Desktop.

If that helped, move the .plist file to the Trash, If not, just move it back to the Preferences folder.

If that didn't help, go to your Safari menu bar click Safari > Reset Safari. Select the top 5 boxes, click Reset.

You can also try deleting the Cache.db file from the ~/Library/Caches/com.apple.Safari folder.

Feb 15, 2012 2:32 PM in response to Carolyn Samit

Carolyn Samit wrote:

It took Reset Safari to fix this (after trying the other methods you recommended).

How arrange Safari Bookmarks Bar

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.