Deleting the songs from the iPhone, to force iTunes to copy the newer track version, should have done the trick...
In case there's an issue with the iPhone, try a simple Reset, then sync again:
Press and hold both the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button for at least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears (ignore the Slide to Power Off option that shows up first).
If that does not help, you can try a Restore (it's not very complicate, just remember to say Yes when it prompts you to make, then restore from backup):
Thanks for the suggestions Rysz.
I deleted the songs, tried to re-sync and that did not work.
I did a reset on the iphone, but that did not work either.
The Album artwork syncs properly, but forwhatever reason, the lyrics don't.
I haven't taken the step of restoring my iPhone yet, as that seems a little drastic for changing the lyrics.
The way the lyrics are remembered from the first time they are synced, it seems to me like the lyrics are not deleted on the iPhone when they should be, and if the song re-appears on the phone the link is re-activated and it ignores any new text in the lyrics field.
Oh well, I guess I will have to wait for iOS 5.0.2 or 5.0.3 or 6.0 before this is working properly...
Apple does not participate on this forum. It is a user-to-user technical help forum with no Apple presence, other than hosting and administration. We do not work for Apple.
You can request features, point out bugs, etc, at Apple Feedback pages:
i have the same problem too.
- Write your Lyrics into the song
- Delete the Song from the iTunes Library (right-click -> delete -> move to trash
- Open the Trash folder and move the song to the desktop (that's only because it's quicker to find there later and that you don't accidently delete your song comletely)
- Sync the iPhone/iPod Touch (Song should now be deletet in iTunes and on your iDevice)
- Go to "Add to music library" and select the deleted song from the desktop
- Sync your iPhone/iPod Touch again
Song should now be displayed with the right lyrics on your iPhone/iPod Touch.
But please do also report your bug on:
The more people reporting that bug directly to Apple, the faster they will work on a solution (hopefully).
Another workaround which i doscovered now:
- Add the lyrics to your song
- Change some other Information (add a letter to or so on, you redo it later) like Artist, Album-Name,...
- Sync it with your iDevice
- Lyrics should now be ok on your iDevice
- Change back the Information from step 2
- Sync it again with your iDevice
Everything should be fine now.
This is a frustrating problem for me too. It wasn't syncing any lyrics the last couple months - not quite sure when I realized it. I took robs89 advice and typed a letter into the comment box on the info tab and synced music and my lyrics were back for that particular song. I know you can scroll through your library by clicking next but UGH! To do this for every song is riduculous. Hope Apple fixes it.