Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't login to Icloud on my Imac

So I have an Apple account and I can login to Icloud on the web, on my Ipod and on my Macbook Pro, but not on my Imac. When I go to preferences and the Icloud panel, login attempts just get me the error messages, as below. Why can't I login on my Imac?

User uploaded file

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Feb 15, 2012 2:39 PM

11 replies

Feb 15, 2012 2:59 PM in response to Carolyn Samit

It is definately set up correctly. If I can login on the Macbook and the Ipod, then it can't be an issue with needing to reset my password. Also, I can login to the Apple Store and Itunes. No issues. Only my Imac has the problem. I'd rather not reset my password, but I would if there was any reason to believe that it would help. Doesn't make sense given that I can login fine everywhere else.

Feb 15, 2012 4:35 PM in response to Cartoonguy

Cartoonguy wrote:

It is definately set up correctly. If I can login on the Macbook and the Ipod, then it can't be an issue with needing to reset my password. Also, I can login to the Apple Store and Itunes. No issues. Only my Imac has the problem. I'd rather not reset my password, but I would if there was any reason to believe that it would help. Doesn't make sense given that I can login fine everywhere else.

Reset it anyway, sometimes it works

Feb 20, 2012 2:04 PM in response to Cartoonguy

Okay, I have solved the problem and it's annoyingly stupid. I had Little Snitch running (monitors internet and blocks unapproved access). It was secretly blocking Icloud. I say, "secretly" because by typing Icloud into the search field on LS, it didn't show that it was doing this. When I disabled it, Icloud connected.

The lesson is, if you ever have connection issues of any kind and have Little Snitch running, then start by disabling it and seeing if that solves the problem.

Thanks for the feedback anyway.

Can't login to Icloud on my Imac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.