Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do I get rid of barracuda web filtering

I use my iPad at work and We have barracuda. I notice that when I go into my Flipboard app, when I touch on an article to read further it says "redirecting to barracuda web filtering" but the page never opens. I have to touch on a link at the bottom of the page. This has never happened before when I use my iPad at work. Can someone tell me how to get ride of it?

Thank you!

dryder

iPad 2, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Feb 15, 2012 6:07 PM

6 replies

Feb 16, 2012 3:26 AM in response to ryderdm

Johnathan Buger ... thank you for replying!

For Diavonex - thank you as well. I will go to our IT Manager at work and see if he can get it off there. I know they use it and restrict us from using the internet for certain pages. I was using the free WIFI that they offer customers who are waiting around. I didn't realise that that this would affect my ipad if I used the same connection our customers used.

Thank you again!

Feb 16, 2012 4:01 AM in response to ryderdm

If your company has web filtering for guests, it'll apply to anyone using that connection. Just like, i'm going to presume, McDonalds blocks known adult sites (never tried but I can see places blocking sites as that)

The person that provides the service often chooses to control how people use it. The only way to get totally free of their filtering is likely to use the 3G aspect, or buy yourself a 3G hotspot and use that to surf...course you'll be paying for your data usage but at least you can access whatever you want.

how do I get rid of barracuda web filtering

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.