Make sure your Mac meets Lion's requirements > Apple - OS X Lion - Technical specifications
Read before upgrading to Lion > Lion upgrade questions: Apple Support Communities
Surbhi Vij wrote:
I have 10.6.8 and I cant access iCloud. Please guide me what can be done
Though most of iCloud's facilities cannot be accessed on 10.6.8 you can set mail up manually and there is a hack (see below) which some people have used successfully to enable calendar syncing. You cannot sync Contacts or Bookmarks, or use the other iCloud facilities.
- You will be able to access email and calendars on the iCloud website at http://icloud.com provided your browser is reasonably up-to-date.
- You will not be able to sync contacts or bookmarks from a pre-Lion Mac.
- You will be able to enter the server settings for email manually in the Mail application and access your email.
- You will not be able to sync your calendars directly.
- Some people have been able to set up calendar syncing by using the method detailed here - this is an unsupported hack and may not be reliable, and may stop working at some future point. BusyCal is an iCal-like calendar application with extra facilities: it can sync with the iCloud Calendar while running on Leopard, Snow Leopard or Lion.
- There appears to be no method of syncing contacts (though Address Book on a Mac can be synced with Google or Yahoo address books - I don't know how reliable this is).