Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

CalDAVWriteEntityQueueableOperation

I'm using iCal 5.0.2 on Mac OS X Lion 10.7.3 connecting to a Google Apps calendar and it's giving an error:

The request for “X” in “Y” in account “Google” failed. The server responded with “500” to operation CalDAVWriteEntityQueueableOperation.

X = Event Name

Y = Calendar Name

I have three options to select from (Button)

• Stay Offline
  • Revert to Server
  • Go Online

If I click Go Online it gives the same error. If I click Stay Offline, all my events entered on iCal get purged. Anyone else having the same problem? If yes, have you found a solution to this?

User uploaded file

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Feb 15, 2012 8:15 PM

24 replies

Apr 24, 2012 8:21 PM in response to rishigangoly

I was having the same problem. It was working fine for the past month until tonight.

Steps that resolved it:

-Shutdown system

-Hold down the Command, Option, R buttons and power on the computer

-As soon as you power on, also hold down the P button

-Hold down these four buttons until you hear your second chime.....then release all buttons

-Login and then go back in to iCal and test.....

I was all set after this.

Good luck!

May 10, 2012 12:12 AM in response to rishigangoly

Nope. Lion, with iPhone 4G on Verizon 3G which allows the iPhone to update calendar items every 5-10 minutes on that network on that device, but doesn't show up on any of the other Macs, but resetting nvram / pram on the macmini lion 10.7.3 / deleting iCloud from macmini and re-adding from scratch thenlogging in to iCloud via the Web still gets me this useful:

The server responded with

“500”

to operation CalDAVWriteEntityQueueableOperation.

It's a server issue, and Apple needs to deal with it. inodes orphaned, or DB back-end data orphaned, whatever. iCloud needs to be reliable, or I'm putting my stuff back on my Linux dedis where I can count on them!

Ugh.

Van

May 21, 2012 7:50 AM in response to tekorei

I had the same issue but it seems to have fixed itself after insisting a bit. I just kept clicking "Go Online" until I got no more errors, then checked the Google website and the calendar was up to date. I think the solutions in this thread probably did not change anything, but it was just a temporary server problem at Google. Certainly Google Calendar has nothing to do with iCloud or MobileMe so that can't have changed anything. And resetting PRAM... nope, very very extremely unlikely to have helped.

I have similar problems with gmail sometimes (accessed via POP in Mail): Mail will complain about an invalid password or some other error, but later everything works again. In most cases pretty much immediately, but sometimes it takes an hour or so.

One thing Apple could do, is handle this kind of errors more gracefully. Maybe only give the error after a few attempts instead of all that technical mumbo jumbo.

May 21, 2012 11:41 AM in response to Michel Colman

Hi Michel:

Thanks, for the response.

Correct on the PRAM, but it was a suggestion in a thread that had some merit. The issue in my case occurred after a power outage. The MacMini Lion is the main iCal which syncs to iCloud and backs up via TimeMachine. I had been updating the events from my iPhone on the light rail on my way home, maybe 5 of them (since iCloud / iPhone / iCal updates are so slow), and a few of them were repeating events, and these were the only ones causing the 500 server error on iCloud.

What likely happened is these events were in the midst of an update when the power went out, and just got out of sync with the iCloud.

I contacted Apple Support and got through to an engineer, and after logging into a different profile on the MacMini, subscribing to iCloud, and syncing, the issue with the select events throwing 500 server errors when modifying them persisted. The Apple agent recommended I Archive iCal in the main profile and delete all events and re-import from the Archive. Did so, and it got a bit more bizarre.

After deleting the calendars from iCloud and re-importing, I would see the calendars and events in iCal on the MacMini for a few seconds (2-3), then they'd disappear. :-) I did this several times until I realized the iCloud had authority and any re-imports of the archive were going to continue to have the calendars / events deleted immediately after iCloud saw them and sent back to the client these calendars were deleted.

So, I did the following:

I launced Terminal, I did the following to tar up the iCal Library created during the subscription to iCloud via the other MacMini profile:

sudo su -

cd /Users/other-profile-user/Library/

tar czvf /Users/main-profile-user/Desktop/other-profile-user.ical.20120510.tgz Calendars/

exit

cd /Users/main-profile-user/Library/Calendars/

tar xzvf ~/Desktop/bond.ical.20120510.tgz && find ./Calendars -type f -exec chmod 400 {} \;

exit

logout

[Process completed]

What that terminal business did was created a complete archive of the unsync-ed Calendars directory in the main user profile and the double ampersand ( && ) in Unix tells the bash shell (which is the api in terminal, unless the shell is changed) to process the first command and immediately execute the next command without delay. In this case the find command instructs the shell to find all files in the Calendars folder and make them read-only (chmod 400). This prevented iCloud from writing it's empty calendar version of the iCal store to the local cached version, thus retaining the calendars and events in iCal.

After restoring my calendars in a read-only state, I went back into iCal and exported each calendar individually which only exports the events, not the iCloud profile and credentials, which Archive does, so I could remove the Calendars in iCal (after chmod -R 644 * /Users/main-profile-user/Library/Calendars/ to make the calendar items / events writeable again in terminal), then re-subscribe to iCloud, and import these exported calendars individually back into iCal, and sync with the iCloud.

Very complicated, to be sure, but I'd have lost 8 years of calendars without following this procedure.

If I had just exported the individual calendars, rather than archiving them before deleting them from the iCloud, this procedure would have not required Terminal.

Best Regards,

Van

CalDAVWriteEntityQueueableOperation

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.