Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I make a DVD of a slideshow I have in iPhoto?c

I have created a slideshow in iPhoto using the Vintage theme. I want to burn this slideshow to a DVD for viewing at my Grandma's funeral. After creating the slideshow, I clicked on the "Export" tab at the bottom in the toolbar, then I clicked on "Share" to iDVD from the dropdown menu. After several minutes , I check iDVD but the slideshow is not there.

Can someone please tell me how to burn my slideshow to a DVD? I've done it before using iMovie '09 (I think), but I can't seem to get it with iMovie '11. I am running Snow Leopard 10.6.8

Thank you for your help,

Curtis

iMac, 10.6.8 - Running Bootcamp WindowsXP

Posted on Feb 15, 2012 9:14 PM

2 replies

Feb 15, 2012 9:30 PM in response to IamR.Ph.

I was advised by a friend to drag the photos I wanted to use into an new project in iMovie and use the "Ken Burns Effect" to create a psuedo slideshow. I did this and I am able to share it to iDVD and burn a disk, but the slideshow I created just isn't the same. I prefer the one I created in iPhoto!

Can you tell me how to burn it to a DVD?

Feb 16, 2012 5:50 AM in response to IamR.Ph.

I thinnk I figured it out! After exporting the movie it went into a folder called iPhoto Slideshows. It was saved as an mwv.4 file, so I went to iMovie and went to the file dropdown menu and went to import movie. I located the movie with the Finder box and imported it into iMovie.

From there I can share it thru the Media Browser link under the Share Menu to iDVD and burn the slideshow. 🙂

√√√√√√√√√ ++++++++ 🙂🙂🙂🙂

How can I make a DVD of a slideshow I have in iPhoto?c

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.