Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Boot Camp issues switching between OS's

Hi everyone, my first time asking a question here =]

So i recently got a Macbook from my brother, it was running Mac OS X Snow Lepoard i think, before i go on sorry if i sound stupid in asking this. im quiet confused myself =/ ... Anyways, i took the Mac down to our local Computer fixing shop, and i asked him to change it to Windows 7. he did it all, installed drivers etc. It's Windows 7 Home Premium at the moment. im just curious on how i can go back to Mac, or switch between. I have tried the following -

Hold down ALT while it boots up, all that shows is 1 picture of Windows. i thought their should also be a Mac image to start up to? but it doesn't show.

While in Windows, go down to the side bar and try to Restart it in Mac OS X, nothing happens. Just boots in Windows

I have only 1 Disc which my friend gave me, it says on it Snow Lepoard, and if i click it while on Windows. it says Remote Installer? and there is 3 options to choose from, i tryed to install Mac but its just so weird and i don't get it.

So, the real question is, why doesn't the Mac hardrive show up when im pressing Alt during the start up.

Thanks for any help! =)

~Richard

MacBook, Windows 7

Posted on Feb 16, 2012 2:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 16, 2012 2:41 AM

Richard,

I understand it is your first time posting in here, and I would like to let you know that several different foums exist with the Apple Support Communities. We have a Boot Camp forum and I would suggest posting in there for best results. Or, perhaps you may find your answer in this article:http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3777 (assuming you are running Snow Leopard). You can check to see what version of OS X you are running by clicking >about this mac. 10.5.x is Leopard, 10.6.x is Snow Leopard, 10.7.x is Lion. Good luck 🙂

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 16, 2012 2:41 AM in response to Richo97

Richard,

I understand it is your first time posting in here, and I would like to let you know that several different foums exist with the Apple Support Communities. We have a Boot Camp forum and I would suggest posting in there for best results. Or, perhaps you may find your answer in this article:http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3777 (assuming you are running Snow Leopard). You can check to see what version of OS X you are running by clicking >about this mac. 10.5.x is Leopard, 10.6.x is Snow Leopard, 10.7.x is Lion. Good luck 🙂

Boot Camp issues switching between OS's

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.