Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MS-2: Why do all my patch sounds stop on starting the Ultrabeat sequencer pattern?

Hi there,

This is my first contribution to this community, so let me first of all say 'hello' to you.

I'm really new to working with MainStage (MS 2) and I need your help:

My drummer does not like the original metronome sound, so I am using the sequencer of Ultrabeat for bulding a suitable sounding click pattern for him. As I figured by now this pattern syncs with the tempo of each patch or song and starts and stops the same way I would have the original metronome start or stop (space bar e.g.). Now the problem is that when I am playing my USB keyboard within a patch my drummer is perfectly able to tap the tempo for the upcoming song or track but when he hits play to let the click/click sequencer start he is interrupting my live sound in an unpleasantly abrupt fashion.

Has this kind of problem or its possible solution occured to any other user or am I simply using MainStage 2 in a completely false way trying what I am trying to do?

Thanks for your help, best regards,

Max

MainStage, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Feb 16, 2012 2:58 AM

1 reply

Feb 16, 2012 4:33 AM in response to Maximilian_Pi

Hi

This is all to do with MAinStage's internal clock. Starting the clock resets the audio engine, and will cut off the audio when it does so.

If the clock is not running when you Tap tempo and start UB, the internal clock starts & cause the problem you have.

The workaround is to start MS clock (space bar) and to leave it running as long as you can.

CCT

MS-2: Why do all my patch sounds stop on starting the Ultrabeat sequencer pattern?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.