Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Creating Keyboard Shortcuts

So I am sick of typing in my email address on sites that autofill does not work with.

I would like to know if there is a way I can create a shortcut or a permanent paste option that I could use when this happens.

For example: When I want to write my yahoo email I would like to use the keyboard shortcut "command y" resulting in my yahoo email beeing pasted.

I would like to use the keyboard shortcut "command g" or something similar when I want to write my Gmail email account.

I am sick of typing in my email accounts when autofill isnt supported. I want to have both of them already copied so I can just hit my keyboard shortcut and have the email account address show up.

Any help or suggestions are much appreciated !!

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7)

Posted on Feb 16, 2012 2:53 AM

3 replies

Feb 16, 2012 3:07 AM in response to Skibs27

Skibs27 wrote:

When I want to write my yahoo email I would like to use the keyboard shortcut "command y" resulting in my yahoo email beeing pasted.

You cannot do it out of the box. But there are options. You can use a macro utility, such as Keyboard Maestro or Spark from Shadow Lab. Or you can use a text expander, such as TypeIt4Me (not with ⌘ key, though).

You might also be able to do it with Automator; the workflow could be saved as a service, which then could be invoked with a keyboard shortcut.

Creating Keyboard Shortcuts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.