Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Whatsapp doesn't receive messages instantly

Hello,

Recently, my friend's iPhone started to show problems within Whatsapp, not receiving messages even when she has opened the app to check out new messages. For example, when I send her a message at 10 a.m, she will not receive it even when she has opened the app. Then the app suddenly did receive the message at 2:30 p.m. The delay is kind of annoying as it's an instant messaging service and it just doesn't do its work properly.

The problems started to occur after she installed the new update. She has tried to reinstall the app, hoping to resolve the problem but that didn't work. I've tried to search for a solution on the internet, but most of them are describing problems about Notification problems, but not the messages themself. Her iPhone 4 is running on iOS5. My question is, have some of you encountered these problems as well, and if so, I would like to know how I can help her solve this problem.

I'll provide more specific information if needed, as I'm not sure for which part I will have to search right now.

Notable information

- this occurs mostly before 3pm, after this time, it seemed to be okay

- App has been reinstalled to try to solve the problem

- Firmware: iOS 5.0.0

- Happens on both Wifi and Cellular network

Hope you guys will have an answer for this problem!

Greets

Posted on Feb 16, 2012 6:11 AM

6 replies

May 4, 2016 5:53 AM in response to JzAero

I am facing somewhat similar kind of issue on 6s iOS 9.3.1. whats is behaving very strangely.

Randomly some of the incoming group messages are not delivered to me. It happens randomly. I could come to know about those missing messages through my spouse phone where she as part of that group.

Other important point is that i can see notification for some of the missing messages but can not find in my chat box. some of missing messages even dont appear in notification.

I dropped an email to whatsapp support where i have been told to provide chat window screen shots to further investigate the issue.

Please let me know if any one has faced such issue and if any solution of the problem.

May 4, 2016 5:58 AM in response to maheshfromjaipur

maheshfromjaipur wrote:

I am facing somewhat similar kind of issue on 6s iOS 9.3.1. whats is behaving very strangely.

Randomly some of the incoming group messages are not delivered to me. It happens randomly. I could come to know about those missing messages through my spouse phone where she as part of that group.

Other important point is that i can see notification for some of the missing messages but can not find in my chat box. some of missing messages even dont appear in notification.

I dropped an email to whatsapp support where i have been told to provide chat window screen shots to further investigate the issue.

Please let me know if any one has faced such issue and if any solution of the problem.

Check Settings>General>Background App Refresh and make sure it's enabled for Whatsapp.

Whatsapp doesn't receive messages instantly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.