Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

DVD Studio Pro-Menu

Hi All,

As everyone know that the very beginning of a DVD will showing a Clip about the Warning Reminder which is we can't skip by using DVD Remote Control.

I'm trying to figure out this part. Yes, I probably c'ld make it done but when I return to the Main Menu (scene selection) and Press the Return/Menu button on my DVD Remote Control again, it'll be return to the "Warning Reminder"! Strange. No matter how I try to set it up, failed! From Menu...Track...It just can't be.

Appreciate to your guide! Thanks.

Final Cut Studio '09, Mac OS X (10.6.7)

Posted on Feb 16, 2012 5:56 AM

3 replies

Feb 16, 2012 7:42 AM in response to mactreouser

Ok, I think I understand what your asking.

You need two Tracks and one Menu, minimum. Put your "Warning" video into the Warning Track. Make that your First Play. Then in the Inspector, select the "User Operations" tab and Disable All. Have the Warning Track point to your Menu. In your Menu create a button for your Main Track, and point to it. The Main Track will contain your main video. You can create as many buttons and additional Tracks as you want. The important point is to not create any sort of buttons or links back to your Warning Track.

Feb 16, 2012 8:20 AM in response to Shawn Birmingham

Shawn Birmingham wrote:

In your Menu create a button for your Main Track, and point to it. The Main Track will contain your main video. You can create as many buttons and additional Tracks as you want. The important point is to not create any sort of buttons or links back to your Warning Track.

Thanks Shawn,

I almost understand that idea. In fact, Just the quoted points that I do not understand.

1) In your Menu create a button for your Main Track, and point to it

What is the button for, what do you mean by Point To It?

2) The important point is to not create any sort of buttons or links back to your Warning Track.

Yes, I did not. But, strange, the "Next and Previous button" from the simulator do able to function and skiped the Warning Video :O. I don't know why it'll be happened after Disable All "user operations" button.

Thanks for explain. Appreciate.

Feb 16, 2012 11:08 AM in response to mactreouser

1) You have to have Buttons on your Menu for the Menu to operate. Do you know how to create Buttons? Have your Button point to the Main Track. i.e., Select your button. Then look at the Inspector. In the Target field, choose your Main Track.

2) Do not use the Simulator to test your DVD. Build your disc. Then use DVD Player to Open the VIDEO_TS folder that you created in the Build.

DVD Studio Pro-Menu

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.