Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

10.7.3 Combo Update panic crash with Wacom Cintiq 21UX

I installed the 10.7.3 Combo Update yesterday on my iMac (Early 2009) that has a Wacom Cintiq 21UX connected. Prior to updating, my system was working absolutely fine, and I could turn the Cintiq's power on/off at anytime without concern.

Now, my system is consistently crashing when I turn the Cintiq's power off/on. A pop-up window appears that reads: "You must restart your computer."

Again, this was not an issue prior to the 10.7.3 Combo Update.

If I wake my iMac from sleep mode, with the Cintiq turned off, my system will immediately crash when I turn the Cintiq's power on.

Similarly, if I cold boot my system with the Cintiq off, and turn it on at anytime after the Mac login screen appears, my system will immediately crash.

Any help would be sincerely appreciated.

Thank you.

iMac (24-inch Early 2009), Mac OS X (10.7.3), Wacom Cintiq 21UX

Posted on Feb 16, 2012 6:25 AM

2 replies

Feb 27, 2012 7:12 AM in response to copetoons

I have as well been dealing with this issue for weeks. With wacom and adobe programs. For the wacom I was provided with this info which is of no help as I have an older wacom (several) so I have to wait for an update which stinks. However this may be helpful:

We have seen this problem with the new 10.7.3 update and are working with Apple to see what is causing this problem. In the meantime please downgrade your us to 10.7.2 using the combo update on Apple's site. ________________________________________________________________________ Thomas Feston

Senior Customer Care Technician Wacom Technology Services, Corp P: 360.896.9833 [Mon-Fri]
Hours: Mon-Thur: 7:30am-5pm

Fri: 8:30am-5pm Pacific Time http://www.wacom.com/index2.php

Please try the following: attach the Cintiq and display and USB cable, switch the Cintiq On first, then start the Mac. This works at least in 2 cases. Do not turn the Cintiq off/on or unplug/replug the cable while the system is running. - If you had the crash, power down, unplug the USB cable and start the machine once without it. Then power down again, attach the cable and make sure that it is On during start.

If you have the issues with CS5.5 run the updates for each program from the adobe site not through the updated in the program.

Hope this helps, I am still "testing" the waters and not hopeful. May be switching back to 10.6

Good luck!

May 20, 2012 9:03 AM in response to copetoons

I have been having this same issue. Even after installing 10.7.4, the problem persists. It is very frustrating as I have external drives hooked up for my itunes and other media files and this causes orphaned mount points and confuses(and probably will corrupt) databases. This needs to be fixed by Apple as this all worked fine before 10.7.3. And the answer can't be to rebuild my machine with 10.7.2. I shouldn't have to be incovenienced further as a result of poor testing

10.7.3 Combo Update panic crash with Wacom Cintiq 21UX

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.