Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iBooks Author / iTunes Producer Import Error

Looking for some help....

I have now attempted 9 different imports of my iBook Textbook created with iBooks Author - all ended in Import Error. I have scoured the forums and took some community members' advice to:

• Change all my video formats to iPhone / iPod 3gs .m4v instead of iPad .m4v (even though the documentation says that iPad .m4v should work)
  • Made sure there is a preview version of the iBook
  • Made sure all the Metadata is filled out

The ITMSP package validates successfully in Producer and gives me a green check mark on upload. After watching the package status it goes from Uploading > Uploaded > Internal Processing > to Import Error ever single time. This is beyond frustrating since there is no error log for me to review to have ANY idea what the error is. Please advise!

This is going on over a week now of struggling with this and an entire week of work waisted. I was told it will take about 10 days for the book to be reviewed to get placed in iTunes - BUT I CAN'T EVEN GET IT SUBMITTED!

Please help!

iBooks Author-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Feb 16, 2012 7:31 AM

4 replies

Feb 16, 2012 12:32 PM in response to SolarChris

I struggled with the same issue for a couple of days earlier this week. My issue was definately related to vido, but not necessarily the format of the videos. It was related to 2 things:

1. We had adjusted the Poster frame from the default to a selectable frame.

2. We had adjusted the start/stop of the video

I deleted the videos that had either of these settings changed and added them back into the book without any adjustments and the Import worked. Unfortuantely, this took me 2 straight days of work to figure out since the error message doesn't tell you anything.

Good luck.

Feb 16, 2012 3:19 PM in response to Achiever2010

Well... I just tried that removing of poster frame technique for all my videos (which they all were using) and I still get the dreaded import error. This is totally ridiculous.

I am basically at the point where I am going to gut my entire book of any multi media and widgets which has extensive video and 3D Collada models and one by one try to get it to upload. I wonder if I should just hold off my publishing efforts till another iBooks Author or iTunes Producer version comes out that fixes this issue? Does anyone know if this is an iBooks Author issue or iTunes Producer issue? I would hate to gut my book just to get the darn thing to publish. Thoughts?

iBooks Author / iTunes Producer Import Error

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.