Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Masters deleted from Finder

I deleted several thousand pictures from my hard drive (on purpose). They're still there in Aperture. How do I get Aperture to remove them? Is there a way to tell Aperture to just accept that photo files deleted from the filesystem should go away completely like they do in Picasa?

Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Feb 16, 2012 8:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 16, 2012 8:57 AM

No, the images in Aperture are now listed as having missing masters. You will need to go into Aperture gather up these images and delete them and then empty Aperture trash.

To locate the images you need to delete, select the Photos icon in the Library tab and set a filter to look for all images with missing masters. Once you have those select them all and delete them.

For future reference it is always better to use the tools inside Aperture to manipulate the files Aperture is dealing with. Just limits the collateral damage.

regards

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 16, 2012 8:57 AM in response to WilliamShakespeare

No, the images in Aperture are now listed as having missing masters. You will need to go into Aperture gather up these images and delete them and then empty Aperture trash.

To locate the images you need to delete, select the Photos icon in the Library tab and set a filter to look for all images with missing masters. Once you have those select them all and delete them.

For future reference it is always better to use the tools inside Aperture to manipulate the files Aperture is dealing with. Just limits the collateral damage.

regards

Masters deleted from Finder

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.