Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Recording audio with a screen recording.

Just found out (Ya, I know, "Just found out!") that I can record something on my desk top.

This is great as I'm preparing a report and looking forward to making a "movie" to present to a group.

So, what's my question. ...

In trying to record the audio from a company site [ No (c) infringement, honest. ] I get a nasty audio feed back that prevents audio use.

Ergo ... help.

Thanks all,

CM

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Feb 16, 2012 11:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 16, 2012 11:16 AM

Is this something that iTunes does (and is an iTunes question) or is it done by another utility (and maybe an operating system question or a question for a forum for that specific utility)?

14 replies

Feb 16, 2012 11:25 AM in response to Limnos

It's done in QuickTime Player X but that only has the internal microphone as an audio source - though you can switch this off. It's selected from the white down-arrow at the right of the player.

I don't know whether it's possible for QuiCkTime Player to record the audio from a website. You may need a third-party application. Have a look at SnapzProX ($69, with a free trial) - I've never tried this but a quick look suggests it's at least a place to start.

Feb 16, 2012 11:29 AM in response to Cymru Mike

Thanks to Limnos and Zyiab.

Limnos:

It is when using the Quicktime appl (on my dock bar).

Zyriab:

I have gone through the selecting of screen for recording and selecting the audio-in (tried both options).

With one (internal mic I think) I get the heavy "feed-back" both during recording and playback, and with the other I get ... uh, nothing.

Frustrating to find such a neat function but not able to get the sound going.

Thanks again,

CM

Feb 20, 2015 5:08 PM in response to Cymru Mike

Hi

It seems that Apple makes this hard because of piracy concerns, but many of us need to do screen capture with audio for legitimate reasons.

I learned this clever workaround from ethan.brown.7927408 on instructables com:

Plug an auxiliary cable (male at both ends) into the headphone jack and the other end into the mic jack.

Set Quicktime Screen Recording to "line in"

Recording audio with a screen recording.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.