Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is the Kodak Play Sport ZX5 compatible with iMovie '11?

I have had this camcorder (SD memory card) for over a year, just tried to download video from it today (it has a Kodak Camera USB Cable, Micro B/5 pin) and iPhoto '11 automatically opened, i downloaded the 4 still photos from the camera/SD card to iPhoto '11 with no problem. iMovie '11, however, does NOT recognize the camera or the SD card for me to attempt to download 43 videos. i could not find this camera (or ANY other Kodak cameras) listed on the Apple website as being compatible with the Mac computer. The booklet with the camera does stipulate that this camera has Arcsoft MediaImpression for Kodak software and when connected to a Windows computer this program will be prompted to be downloaded to the PC. No such download was indicated when i connected the camera to the Mac. Further on the same info page (7) It states: "Videos and pictures can be used with the Apple iLife suite of products". Not for me! Help! i tried moving the SD card to 2 other cameras (Panasonic & Canon) that are video capable with no recognition by iMovie '11 either. Would greatly appreciate any assistance!

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8), intel iMac

Posted on Feb 16, 2012 1:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 16, 2012 1:50 PM

Woo-Hoo! i found the answer to my query from a 2010 posting by: Robert Rogers in regards to the discussion:

"Movie '09 and the Kodak Playsport HD".

His advice worked like a charm:

"This camera is a lot of fun and when i connected it to iMovie 09 I, in the first case, had to go to File, Import Movies and navigate to the SD card and choose all the .mov files which then imported seamlessly. Was able to edit and share the movie no problem."

This worked for me as well in iMovie '11! Yay!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 16, 2012 1:50 PM in response to JLdraw

Woo-Hoo! i found the answer to my query from a 2010 posting by: Robert Rogers in regards to the discussion:

"Movie '09 and the Kodak Playsport HD".

His advice worked like a charm:

"This camera is a lot of fun and when i connected it to iMovie 09 I, in the first case, had to go to File, Import Movies and navigate to the SD card and choose all the .mov files which then imported seamlessly. Was able to edit and share the movie no problem."

This worked for me as well in iMovie '11! Yay!

Is the Kodak Play Sport ZX5 compatible with iMovie '11?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.