Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Fraudulent Charges

I just changed my password because I was afraid someone had hacked my account. Even after changing the password, someone must have gotten on my account because there was a $9.99 charge for a game I did not purchase. How can I get my money back and report it as fraud?

I have been in the hospital all week, there is no way I could have downloaded this $10 game when this is the first time I have been allowed to use technology all week. The purchase occured yesterday morning (2/15) at 9:45 am?

iPhone 3GS, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Feb 16, 2012 1:47 PM

1 reply

Feb 16, 2012 1:53 PM in response to LeahShortie

The most immediate thing you need to do is to call your credit card company and report the unauthorized charges as fradulent, if a credit card was used. It will then be up to your card company to contact Apple if needed.

Next, change the password to your iTunes Store account again, making sure it's not something easily guessed or looked up. Then log into your iTunes Store account and see if the purchases are reflected in the Purchase History. If they are, go here:

http://www.apple.com/support/itunes/contact/

and follow the instructions to report the issue to the iTunes Store. If the charges are not reflected in the Purchase History, then it's most likely a fraudulent charge to your credit card directly rather than an unauthorized purchase through your iTunes Store account in which case Apple can probably do nothing, though I'd still advise reporting it to them. Definitely report it if the charge was to a credit balance in the iTunes Store.

Regards.

Fraudulent Charges

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.