Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Messages Beta missing features

What I am missing in messages beta is the possibility to see who of your contacts have the application, or are using a device with IOS 5.

Now you write the message, and when you want to send it, yu find out that the people are unavailable to imessage.

Big advantage of whatsapp or messaging through viber/skype is that you can see the contacts which uses the application.

imac

Posted on Feb 16, 2012 1:41 PM

8 replies

Feb 16, 2012 2:33 PM in response to abouskila

abouskila wrote:

True i was thinking the same thing also i want to be able to use iMessage on my computer with my phone number as well so i can text people through my computer (at least those with iOS 5)

But your Mac is not a phone so it cannot send messages from your phone number, only your email address. I don't think there would be anyway around this. You need to set your Caller ID to your email address and the problem is so-what sorted. I think what you're asking is impossible.

Feb 16, 2012 2:37 PM in response to bbfc

Thats not so true.. A friend of mine has a droid and he sends text messgaes from his computer, all his devices are completely synced- this app doesnt do that

then again droids have the feature of downloading apps from your computer and having them installed on your phone without you touching the phone so in that respect google does have slightly more advanced technology

that being said i still love my iphone and mac lol

Messages Beta missing features

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.