Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Military/24 hour time stuck on unlock screen

Can someone please help me?

When I first got my phone I let my friend change the settings because he had an iphone. However he accidentally changed the time to the 24 hour clock. We changed it back, and it worked--sort of. The time displayed when I use the phone is the correct standard time. However the "unlock" screen is still displays it in Military time and we could not figure out how to change it back.

I'm hoping someone knows how to change it back??

iPhone 4, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Feb 16, 2012 2:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 16, 2012 2:56 PM

Settings>General>Date & Time, turn off 24-hour. Also you might want to check time zone settings, and go into International and check the Region Format. Then do a reset of the phone by holding the sleep/wake and home buttons together until you see the Apple logo and then release. That will restart the phone. This should correct it.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 16, 2012 2:56 PM in response to CosplayNikki

Settings>General>Date & Time, turn off 24-hour. Also you might want to check time zone settings, and go into International and check the Region Format. Then do a reset of the phone by holding the sleep/wake and home buttons together until you see the Apple logo and then release. That will restart the phone. This should correct it.

Military/24 hour time stuck on unlock screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.