Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Selective Contacts sync with Exchange

Hi, all! User has a brand new iPhone 4s; corporate back end is Exchange 2010, Outlook 2010 on desktop.

How can I go about setting up the Exchange account on the iPhone so it imports *only* the Contacts list proper, and not the ancillary contact lists like Suggested Contacts, Frequent Contacts, etc? Wiping out all address books in Outlook is not an option. I've done this on several different iPhones and all the extraneous stuff comes in as well, leading to hours of selective clean-up on the iPhones.

Thanks!

SteveB

Posted on Feb 16, 2012 3:56 PM

15 replies

Feb 17, 2012 9:35 AM in response to woodyco

Woody, thanks for replying. Yes, the user in question refuses to delete the contacts in address books such as Frequent Contacts and Suggested Contacts, even tho they just create "MIME:" entries on the iPhone when the Contacts sync is enabled.

I am very curious what others who have Exchange back-ends do when the ancillary Contacts, and not just the singular "Contacts" address book syncs all the various address books automatically with the iPhone, rather than allowing the user to select which address books are sync'd.

Edit: I've noticed in several posts on various forums that people are referring to "syncing Contacts in iTunes"... I don't recall ever seeing that option, and don't see it in the iTunes I'm staring at right now (iTunes/Win). Is this from an old version, or Mac only, or Mac only with iMail? Anyone know about this?

Message was edited by: SoloHiker

Feb 17, 2012 10:54 AM in response to SoloHiker

Just a quick follow-up for those following this thread: there's an option in Outlook to disable the Suggested Contacts showing up as an email address book that I've read will eliminate the Suggested Contacts at least from an iPhone sync. Unfortunately, this has no effect in my environment (Win7 desktop, Outlook 2010 on desktop and Exchange 2010 back end, user with iPhone 4s latest). The Suggested Contact continued to sync after disabling the above noted checkbox.

SteveB

Selective Contacts sync with Exchange

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.