Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My MAC mini looses the wi-fi connection to a Belkin N wireless router when it goes to sleep or shut down. I have to re select the network when restarting or waking the computer up. I think this just started with Lion. My iPod and iPad have no trouble.

My MAC MINI looses the wi-fi connection to a Belkin N wireless router when it goes to sleep or shuts down. I have to re select the network when re starting or waking up the computer. I think this just started with LION. My iPod and iPad have no problem remembering the wireless network.

Mac mini, Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Feb 16, 2012 4:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 16, 2012 5:35 PM

There is a Lion 10.7.3 issue with the system not connecting after waking up from sleep. Apple engineers are working on a fix for the next release. The manual work around is to click on the wireless icon then choose your network. Sometimes I find I have to wait a few seconds for the network list to populate.

I don't normally shut my system down, so I can't comment on that part of your question.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 16, 2012 5:35 PM in response to Honoring Life

There is a Lion 10.7.3 issue with the system not connecting after waking up from sleep. Apple engineers are working on a fix for the next release. The manual work around is to click on the wireless icon then choose your network. Sometimes I find I have to wait a few seconds for the network list to populate.

I don't normally shut my system down, so I can't comment on that part of your question.

Feb 16, 2012 8:09 PM in response to BGreg

Thank you BGreg. That is what I have been doing, and then it works just fine. I think it was doing the same thing in the previous version of Lion. I may be incorrect about that. I upgraded to 10.7.3 a few weeks ago, and then last week I reloaded the combo update, hoping it would help. Not so. Thank you for letting me know it is a common problem. I have tried permissions in Disk Utilities, and in Macaroni, both at least 4 times, plus numerous restarts. Nothing Improves. It still can not find the internet when it wakes up or gets up.

My MAC mini looses the wi-fi connection to a Belkin N wireless router when it goes to sleep or shut down. I have to re select the network when restarting or waking the computer up. I think this just started with Lion. My iPod and iPad have no trouble.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.