Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lasserjet not duplexing

I have a HP Laserjet 1536 and I'm up to Lion 10.7.3. Recently I can no longer duplex print automaticlly. My guess is this started after I upgraded to .3. 😟

I've googled and checked this forum as well as HP's and can't find a solution. Anyone have a solution.

TIA

John

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7), Firefox & Thunderbird

Posted on Feb 16, 2012 5:23 PM

4 replies

Feb 16, 2012 6:06 PM in response to John Mertes

Not sure why the .3 update would have stopped you from duplexing. Hasn't impacted duplex printing to my printers.

To confirm, you are able to select the duplex setting via the Layout tab or via a HP finisher menu as you have done previously but the printer does not print on the second side.

If you haven't done so already, try removing the printer from Print & Scan and adding it again. I would also check the driver settings in Print & Scan > Options & Supplies > Driver to ensure that you have the Duplex setting enabled - assuming that such a setting exists.

If the above does not help then you could try a reset of the printing system. This will remove all printers and scanners from Print & Scan, but not the supporting drivers, so you will only have to add them to Print & Scan again.

Feb 16, 2012 8:33 PM in response to PAHU

I've already tried resetting the print system and that made no difference. I've checked print two-sided evefrywhere and I've tried printing with various applications so this isn't app specific.

At first I thought this was something due to an Adobe document I was printing but this wasn't the case.

Thanks anway. I've also posted my problem over on the HP forum and haven't had a response from there.

John

Lasserjet not duplexing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.