Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My purchases were corrupted and will not download, what do I do?, My purchases were corrupted and will not download, what do I do?

My purchases were corrupted and will not download, what do I do?, My purchases were corrupted and will not download, what do I do?

Posted on Feb 16, 2012 9:38 PM

4 replies

Mar 1, 2012 9:21 AM in response to drejones11

I have the same problem, and the best answer Apple Support will give me is that I 'need to disable my firewall and all security-related applications,' even on my iPod Touch and iPhone (I'm not quite sure that there is such thing as a user-configurable firewall or security software on these two). Apple Support gave me the runaround three times, and when they sent me the fourth copy of the first email, I gave up. I highly recommend that you request a refund or store credit and forget about getting these purchases; I sincerely doubt Apple is going to fix it anytime soon.

You can find instructions for reporting a problem on the following page:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1933

Jun 13, 2012 9:22 AM in response to drejones11

If restarting the computer and iTunes doesn't work you can try one of these suggestions.

1. If items appear (maybe in grey or different from working songs) but don't play you can try to delete them from your library so they will no longer seem to be there to the iTunes store.

a) select the item

b) press option and delete key assuming a mac keyboard

c) yes, send them to trash

d) restart Itunes, go to store, check for available downloads, and select download all

HERE IS ALTERNATE FROM APPLE SUPPORT

Note: Downloading of previously purchased movies is available in the United States only.

1. Open iTunes 10.6 or later on your computer. (You can download the latest version of iTunes here.)
  2. If you're not already signed in, click Sign In, and enter your Apple ID and password.
  3. After you've signed in, click Purchased on the right side in the iTunes Store under the QUICK LINKS section.

4. User uploaded file

5. From your Purchased page, click the tab for the content type you're looking for (Music, Movies, TV Shows, Apps, or Books).

6. User uploaded file

7. Click Songs or Albums to change the page view and All or "Not in My Library" to view your purchased content that currently is not downloaded on your computer.
  8. Click the download icon to the right of each item to download that item.

Notes:

• To download previous purchases on a computer, your computer must be authorized for the Apple ID that was used for the original purchase. For more information about iTunes Store authorization and deauthorization see, this article.
  • If they are offered for purchase in 1080p, you can download previously purchased 720p HD TV shows and movies in 1080p. Learn more about downloading in 1080p.
  • Previous purchases may be unavailable if they have been refunded or are no longer on the iTunes Store. Downloading previously purchased movies and TV shows requires iTunes 10.6 or later.

Additional Information

Learn more about which content types are supported for iTunes in the Cloud by country, as well as where iTunes Match is available.

Related Articles
  • Read more about syncing purchased apps from the App Store in this article.
  • For information about enabling Automatic Downloads, see this article.
  • For information about associating a device or computer to your Apple ID, see this article.
  • For information about troubleshooting apps purchased from the App Store, see this article.
  • For information about resuming interrupted downloads, see this article.
  • For information about watching previously purchased TV Shows on Apple TV (2nd generation), see this article.
  • For information about adding a computer or iOS device to iTunes Match, see this article.
  • For information about subscribing to iTunes Match, see this article.

IF THE FIRST CASE APPLIES AND YOU ARE USING A PC THEN TRY ANOTHER KEY ALONG WITH DELETE TO REMOVE THE CORRUPTED ITEMS.

I THINK IT IS CONTROL AND DELETE BUT MAY BE ALT OR SHIFT WITH DELETE

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.