Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Adding Lyrics???

Hi,

I copied and pasted the lyrics to a song from a lyrics website in iTunes (where it displays just fine), but on my iPhone the lyrics appear as a one sentence paragraph.

I tried pasting it to to Text Edit and Pages first, but it remained unchanged.

Even when I deleted half the lyrics the iPhone still displays the same thing - the whole song as one verse with ALL the words.

Just before typing this post I deleted all the lyrics from the song info and it still appears on the iPhone after resyncing. The lyrics section in song info is blank.

Can anybody help with this?

Cheers.

Posted on Feb 17, 2012 4:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 17, 2012 10:45 AM

I use TuneText widget generally.

8 replies

Feb 17, 2012 11:55 AM in response to NeddySeagoon

To make the lyrcs display properly on an iPhone, you might need to insert manual line breaks at the end of each line. A manual line break, sometimes called a soft return, allows you to start a new line without starting a new paragraph. Using Pages, paste in your text. Select Show Invisibles in the View menu. A manual line break will show as a left pointing arrow at the end of a line.

To insert a manual line break in Pages:

1. Click where you want the break to occur.
  2. Press Return while holding down the Shift key.

Then, copy the modified text and paste into the iTunes lyrics tab.

Feb 17, 2012 3:48 PM in response to Jim VanLeeuwen

Hi Jim. Thanks for the response.

My first attempt at using Pages for the lyrics did have the breaks which is one of the thinks that confused me.

However, the problem has expanded.

I copied and pasted the lyrics to Pages, checked the breaks and then pasted that to the song info on a duplicate of the song. I then unchecked the other song from earlier and synced the iPhone.

Now the second song has the correct lyrics - with lines and verses - however, there is an "extra verse" at the start that has the whole song jumbled into the one paragraph (like before).

Also, the song that I unticked (to remove it from the iPhone) is still on the iPhone - this happened earlier too though at the time I assumed I had made a mistake.

What could cause the lyrics to do this and for a song not to be removed during a sync?

Feb 17, 2012 4:10 PM in response to NeddySeagoon

Hi again.

I tried adding lyrics to an iTunes bought song, but the words do not display on the iPhone.

Also, when adding lyrics I edit other info that did not update the song on the iPhone when it was synced - I like to sort the artist by surname but in this case he still lists under his first name.

The issue seems to be that iTunes and iPhone are not syncing properly - I have unchecked songs but the remain even after a sync.

What should I do?

Adding Lyrics???

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.