Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there a way to show only flagged email on iOS Mail?

I use Exchange 2007 at work with Outlook 2010. I also use my iPad to connect to my company Outlook Web Access. On the iPad I am able to mark a message as flagged. I use the flag on a message to indicate that there's some action that I need to take on the email. After I skim my inbox and flag all the emails with actionable items in them I go to my smart folder in Outlook which shows only my flagged messages so I can focus on those with actionable items. I noticed on IOS Mail there does not seem to be such smart folders and there seems to be no way to view only messages which are flagged.

Can someone please explain how to do this on the iPad. It is very important to me. In fact, it's so important, that I would switch to Windows Phone platform just to have this one feature.

Thanks!

iPad 2, iOS 4.3.2

Posted on Feb 17, 2012 7:37 AM

21 replies

Feb 17, 2012 7:57 AM in response to XRS04

There's no way to configure the built-in mail app to show only flagged mail.

The only workaround is to move the flagged emails into a specific folder that you create on your iPad for flagged emails. If your account is an Exchange account you should be able to create new mailboxes for that purpose on the iPad.

May 3, 2012 12:47 AM in response to XRS04

I too would love to filter my inbox down to just flagged emails - I'm on iPad 3 with latest iOS, though it seems latest OS is not the problem, but rather a simple oversight in usability, and more important productivity.

On the note of productivity, why does it take SO MANY clicks to flag an email on iPad mail? Have to hit Edit > mark the email > Mark > Flag. I count three superfluous taps there. There should be a swipe action on the left (much like the swipe and Delete on the right hand side of the email heading) for flagging. And a simple little flag symbol at the top to hit when I want to see only flagged mails. Productivity should be the name of the game.

I also realise that venting in this forum probably isn't the best place for it...

Nov 14, 2012 12:39 PM in response to mikedeanellis

mikedeanellis wrote:

Yes, iOS6. That only works if the emails are in the inbox. I sync with exchange, and use folders to file emails. I keep flagged emails in these folders. iOS6 will not show these.

This feature is only useful if you are the type of person that does not file messages but just keeps a full inbox. I keep an empty inbox...

Well this is cool. I'm syncing with Exchange too. If I "flag" an email in my Exchange Inbox, the flag shows up in the email list on my iPhone. So it seems the Flags sync with Exchange. Neat!

Dec 29, 2012 3:44 PM in response to mikedeanellis

Agreed. The flagging feature is only useful for me if the flagged folder searches for flagged emails in ALL of my email folders, not just the inboxes. This is because I (like most people I'm sure..?) only keep emails in the inbox before they have been 'processed' ie file/action/delete. As soon as I flag something, I file it in another folder at the same time. Of course as soon as the flagged email is out of the inbox I can't then find it in the flagged folder...

Apple - please add this to the list to be fixed in the next round of updates! :-)

Is there a way to show only flagged email on iOS Mail?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.