Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to export to Google

Is there a plug-in to export directly to Google+ from Aperture? Is there a simple way to import to my G+ account without having to first export my photos as JPGs first?

Intel iMac 24, Mac OS X (10.7.2), Aperture 3.2.2, Adobe CS 4

Posted on Feb 17, 2012 11:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 17, 2012 12:07 PM

There's no plugin that I am aware of but that doesn;t mean you need to export from Aperture to send your images to Google. As long as you have Aperture setup to generate previews you can use the media browser to send images to Google.

Works like this, When you go to Google and create your post click on the image icon. A window which looks like a Finder window will open. Near the bottom is button labled Photos

User uploaded file

Select that and your Aperture library will appear. Select the image you want to upload.

regards

11 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 17, 2012 12:07 PM in response to Morgan Britt

There's no plugin that I am aware of but that doesn;t mean you need to export from Aperture to send your images to Google. As long as you have Aperture setup to generate previews you can use the media browser to send images to Google.

Works like this, When you go to Google and create your post click on the image icon. A window which looks like a Finder window will open. Near the bottom is button labled Photos

User uploaded file

Select that and your Aperture library will appear. Select the image you want to upload.

regards

Oct 28, 2013 10:08 PM in response to Morgan Britt

I happened upon another method that I have been using. I installed Google Drive to my Mac, meaning I can export directly to it, just like any other folder on my harddrive. Any folder of photos on you Google Drive will show up as an album on your Google+, you just have to change the share options as it will default to private.

As a bonus, because I frequently deliever photos to clients digitally through Google Drive, I can now create a nice looking web album and upload photos for delievery in one step.

- Vance

How to export to Google

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.