Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone wont restore or show in windows? Use to be synced on Mac

Hey guys, My macbook pro died a few days ago and I no longer have a place to physically sync my iphone to 😟

The new computer I'm trying to sync my iPhone 4s to is a Windows 7 64Bit OS, The problem is when I connect my iPhone I get a popup message saying:

"The iPhone cannot be used because the required software is not installed. Run the iTunes software to remove iTunes then install the 64bit version of iTunes."

The iPhone shows up as a camera device but isn't even recognized in the iTunes program itself.

I just download iTunes only a few hours ago and the browser already recognizes im using a 64bit OS stating that: iTunes 10.5.3 for Windows (64-bit)

I simply clicked download and even the file itself has 64bit in the name, so Im pretty sure im using the correct version

iTunes version 10.5.3

Information that may be helpful, I have me OS and important files on a SSD when I installed iTunes I set the destination to my much larger HD this shouldn't cause the problem right?

iPhone 4S, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Feb 17, 2012 12:00 PM

1 reply

iPhone wont restore or show in windows? Use to be synced on Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.