3 Replies Latest reply: Feb 17, 2012 3:44 PM by kyte
sookite Level 1 Level 1 (15 points)

I am having difficulty with the Beta system sending messages.

My iPhone will send text messages to everyone on the Contact list before and after installing imessage.

The new Imessaging system will only let me semd a message to one person who has Lion installed and uses an iPhone.

the other messages say that the recipient is not set up to receive the message although it works on iPhone.

Is there a set up problem or si this a bug to be ironeds out.

Thank you

• In Theory Level 1 Level 1 (15 points)

Hmmm. Recipient have to be running iOS 5 to receive these messages, so maybe most of the recipients have older generation iPhones?

Messages Beta.jpg

The fine print says "*iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch must be running iOS 5 to receive iMessages. Mac computers must be running Messages Beta to receive iMessages. Messages Beta requires OS X Lion v10.7.3. Internet connection required." That may rule out a lot of people.

• sookite Level 1 Level 1 (15 points)

Thank you.I  should read the fine print

• kyte Level 1 Level 1 (30 points)

I'm not sure that setup is required on the desktop, but you do need to use their icloud email address to send, if you are on the desktop.  I found that, yesterday, anyway.  My friend had not yet downloaded the desktop app, so I sent to his phone number.  It never arrived, from my desktop app.  I sent to his icloud address, and it went to his phone, showing my icloud address as the sender.