Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Entourage quit getting me.com mail

Last week, my MS Entourage quit getting my me.com mail. It gives me a Authentication failed because Entourage doesn't support any of the available authentication methods. error message. It was working fine and suddenly quit. I can access my mail by going to icloud as well as on my ipad, but not on my iMac using MS Entourage. When I set up a new account and have it "Verify My Settings," I get a "Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password" (-17900 ), yet its the same user name and password used on the ipad and icloud.com logon.

My iMac operating system is 10.7.3 and Entourage is 12.3.2

Posted on Feb 17, 2012 2:12 PM

12 replies

Feb 17, 2012 2:16 PM in response to Jack Tomac

What server addresses are you using to access iCloud mail in Entourage (which does not support iCloud per se, but Mail should work)

The correct servers are at:

imap.mail.me.com (incoming) and smtp.mail.me.com (outgoing) if (as I suspect) you never changed addresses after a Mobile Me account transition you are seeing expected behavior and should enter new server addresses.

Feb 21, 2012 12:31 PM in response to Jack Tomac

Jack Tomac wrote:

This link helped. But it took a combination of an upgrade to Office for Mac 2011, help from http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2648915#appliesto, and the info on the link you provided to get it to work. The Apple support page says to use imap.mail.me.com and smtp.mail.me.com, which made all the difference in the world. Thanks,

You mean same addresses as I said earlier?

Csound1

What server addresses are you using to access iCloud mail in Entourage (which does not support iCloud per se, but Mail should work)

The correct servers are at:

imap.mail.me.com (incoming) and smtp.mail.me.com (outgoing) if (as I suspect) you never changed addresses after a Mobile Me account transition you are seeing expected behavior and should enter new server addresses.

Apr 15, 2012 3:06 AM in response to gazloki

I've no idea. But some people have found that making sure the password is compliant with Apple's recently introduced requirements helps them. It may or may not help you. If it doesn't, then the next step is Support. You could try MobileMe Support (I know you're on iCloud but there is no free support for that unless you happen to have AppleCare, and MobileMe Support have helped some people). Go to http://www.apple.com/support/mobileme/ww/ and select your country. In the next window click on a category to expand it, then on a subject to get a link to 'live chat'.

Entourage quit getting me.com mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.