Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to turn off auto-complete

I've been increasingly frustrated with the auto-complete on my iPhone 4S. Especially since I use Spanish a lot.

I googled "how to turn off autocomplete iphone" and the top result is this article: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/1479195?start=0&tstart=0

I also searched for the same topic here and that's the article that pops up first.

The problem is that the article appears to be outdated. It says you CAN'T turn off auto-complete. I almost went on with my life just bearing the frustration, but another search yielded answers on another website.

Apparently you CAN turn off auto-complete.

Go to Settings > General > Keyboard

Turn Auto-Correction OFF

Simple.

Now many people probably figured it out on their own. (I think I was just being lazy searching the internet rather than my phone settings.)

But 10,000 people have viewed that article and at this point that's potentially a lot of people getting the wrong information.

I would post a reply to it, but it's archived.

Is there any way to unarchive it and correct the information?

iPhone 4S, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Feb 17, 2012 5:10 PM

2 replies

How to turn off auto-complete

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.