Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

safari shortcut?

Whats up and Happy weekend. I often use this simple keyboard shortcut while using Safari, (holding)⌘ and clicking link to open in a new tab. Quite often, I need that link opened in a separate window. My first machine was an appleII after 37 years on mac... is such a shortcut available or I am going to have to say "what a dumb ***! How in the **** did I miss that"? If there is no such shortcut, could I be the only one that needs it! Tonight I finally broke down and did some "keyboard shortcut" searches on google to see if I somehow missed it. My google is broken and I can't get my search!!:!! Just kidding, my google is great, I can not find the shortcut!!:!! if available, could you please give me that shortcut. If there is no such shortcut.... MAKE ONE FOR ME ;-)

Thanks Sean

Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Feb 17, 2012 11:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 17, 2012 11:32 PM

Press the Command and Option keys when clicking on it. If that doesn't work, open Safari's preferences and choose Tabs.

(64210)

3 replies

Feb 18, 2012 6:11 AM in response to Niel

hey Niel

if your out there, where did you find that shortcut key at?

here is apples link http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=42951 for Safari Browser Window and Menu Shortcuts. Do you see the errors and missing shortcut command also, or have I been eating to many lead chips?

I do not see the shortcut you provided anywhere on that page!

Thanks for the quick response to my question

safari shortcut?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.