Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Combine metadata fields for a caption?

In Aperture 3.2.2 is it posible to create a field in the metadata view which combines data from more than one field? I want an easy way to cut and paste basic EXIF data to use in a photo caption, without having to copy data from each field seperately. For example, I'd like all my captions in a blog or a book to contain Camera Model, Lens, Shutter Speed, Aperture, Exposure Comp., and ISO. Can I get all of that data automatically inserted into one field which I can then copy from? Hopefully the question makes sense.

Thanks in advance.

iMac G4, Mac OS X (10.7)

Posted on Feb 18, 2012 2:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 18, 2012 6:57 AM

There is not. It seems an easy thing to script -- perhaps our own Frank Caggione will pop in with a suggestion along those lines.

Have you looked at simply customizing one of the Book or Web Journal Themes by using a specific Metadata View Preset?

4 replies

Feb 18, 2012 12:35 PM in response to barney97

Thanks for the quick answers. I want have a caption whcih I can paste under each each photo in a book or blog which looks something like this: "Nikon D300s, Nikkor 70-200mm f.2.8, 1/640sec @ f.4.8 (-0.33ev), ISO 400". At the moment I have to type that out each time. I was hoping I could create a field in the metadata similar to a database field which combines data from other fields. The outcome would be that I could just cut and paste the data from a single field, and it would always follow the same format, etc. Looks impossible?

Combine metadata fields for a caption?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.