Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I get my airport express work with Zyxel 2812HNU-F1?

Hi,

I previously had a Thompson Speedtouch router and my Airport expres worked just fine. But now my internetprovider give me a new router the Zyxel 2812HNU-F1 and my airport express doesn't work properly. I use an ethernetkabel to connect the airport express with my router. The lamp on the aiport express turns green, but I cannot normally open internetpages etc, and sometimes a webpage partially appears. If I connect my ethernetkabel in my MBP, the internetconnection just works normally.

Do you know what I have to do to let my Aiport expres work with the Zyxel 2812? I already resetted the express and in the airport utility it doesn't show that there is a problem.

Greets,

Don

AirPort Express 802.11n (1st Gen), Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Feb 18, 2012 6:14 AM

8 replies

Feb 18, 2012 12:37 PM in response to Tesserax

Thanks for your reply. But I already have the bridge mode configuration. And it still doesn't work.

It is kinda weird, because in the aiport utility I constantly see the light that indicate the internet connection is alternating between orange and green when I try to use internet. But the light on the apple airport express is green.

Feb 18, 2012 4:31 PM in response to Don_85

Yes, with the AirPort Express configured as a bridge, the ZyXEL router would continue to provide both NAT & DHCP services for network clients connected to either router. If you want network clients the ability to roam from room to room and be on the same network, you can configure both routers for a roaming network. For more details about this type of network, please check out the following Apple Support article.

Feb 18, 2012 5:41 PM in response to Tesserax

Thanks for your help, but it still doesn't work.

Maybe the problem lies with the Zyxel router... I searched the web for people with the same problem and some people talk about an auto negotiate problem with the Zyxel, that can give problems with the airport express. Maybe that's it, but no one knows how to solve it 😟.

Oct 14, 2014 12:19 PM in response to Don_85

Obviously my objective was different (just use the Airport Express as an Airplay speaker over wired ethernet only), but for my case I finally managed to fix it: In the Zyxel LAN configuration I've set the LAN port (4) to half-duplex and 10Mbit (only!) instead of "auto" and then streaming audio works flawlessly! This is just crazy stupid and is a Zyxel issue I'm sure. For now I'm happy!

To make the Airport wired only: disconnect wire -> factory reset -> create new (wireless) network (plus settings) -> then Network Router Mode = Off (Bridge Mode) -> then Disable wireless -> Save settings -> only then connect ethernet cable

How can I get my airport express work with Zyxel 2812HNU-F1?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.