Skip navigation

I don't have permission ( and it's driving me crazy)

163 Views 0 Replies Latest reply: Feb 18, 2012 7:05 AM by Clive P. RSS
Clive P. Calculating status...
Currently Being Moderated
Feb 18, 2012 7:05 AM

This has been bugging me for moths but I finally got bored of it and thought about sorting it out.

I have a Mac pro tower running lion and a MBP running running 10.5.8

I transfer files between then via a wireless net work all the time. But when I open one I can't save it again as it's locked and I have to do a "get info" and put in my password in order to continue. I never had the problem when both machines where running Snow Leopold.

I have the same account / user name on both machines and I have the same password. I've been into the system prefs and made sure that the sharing / users are set for read-write.

Can some one please tell me how to set the machines up so I can just pass files between them as I used to in Snow Leopold.

Thanks in advance

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.