Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

10.7.3 Update - If it hangs during the update....

I've had a Apple since the days of the Apple //c. I've never had an issue with a system update that I can remember... until the 10.7.3 update. This is the one that ended that pleasant ride. I have a late 2011 MacBookPro 13". The update froze at the very last part of the update (the laptop sat there for well over an hour with the hard drive idle doing nothing). I finally had to shut it down by holding down the power button. Naturally, the update didn't complete and rendered the machine unbootable. I found this post helpful in restoring my Mac and thought I'd share it here: http://osxdaily.com/2012/02/01/fix-mac-os-x-10-7-3-update-problems-cui-errors-st uck-installs-and-crashes/

I downloaded the combo updater, as instructed. I used my daughter's laptop to establish the "target mode" connection described and told the updater to update the hard drive on my troubled Mac connected via firewire. The updater, running on my daughter's Mac, successfully re-installed the update on my hard drive in my Mac. If you have another Mac computer and can establish the target mode connection, it seems to work well if you experiece the hang issue during the attempt to update normally.

The update does take longer to install than usual, so don't automatically assume it has crashed if it takes longer than normal. Be sure and give it ample time to complete.

Posted on Feb 18, 2012 7:21 AM

There are no replies.

10.7.3 Update - If it hangs during the update....

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.